Period : May, June, September, October / Duration: 21 Days / Altitude: 6001m / Grade: Challenging
Deo Tibba Expedition is one such trip that will give you a thrilling opportunity to experience trekking as well as mountaineering over a period of 13 days. In addition to introducing you to these extreme adventure activities, this expedition will also endow you with the skills required to undertake such expeditions.
Deo Tibba expedition starts and ends in Manali and is suitable for those adventurers who have previous trekking and climbing experience and also knowledge of snow, ice and mountaineering techniques. It is rated challenging on the difficulty scale.
Day 1 Arrival in Delhi from abroad
Pick up from airport to hotel, overnight in hotel – Sightseeing Delhi (free day), evening drive to Manali by VOLVO BUS (585 km)
Day 2 Manali Rest day and local Sightseeing
Day 3 : Rest & 3 hours walk in neigbourhood upon Manu Temple to Rasta Café.
Use this day to relax from the overnight journey, visit the market & the city : The Mall, Tibetan Monastery, Hadimba Temple, Vashisht Hot spring, Manu Temple. Overnight in Hotel
Day 4 TREK All day trek upon Old Manali heights
START ACCLIMATIZATION TREK BEAS KUND TREK
Day 5 Manali to Solang Nallah (2480m) 4 hours
This 4 hours trek leads us from Old Manali, where we pass by Manu Temple, up through a nice forest; later through beautiful apple orchards. After a gradual ascent we reach the villages Goshal and Sannag, than cross a river and enter the traditional village Burua. From hear a rocky trail leads us to the Bouldering area of Solang Nallah. We have to cross a stream, which can be a little tricky, since there is no bridge at all. Now there are only some more minutes to go until we reach the center of outdoor sports. The route presents spectacular insights of local life.
Day 6 Solang Nallah to Bakkar Thach (2900m) 12km 5hrs
From Solang Nallah we walk on the right side of the river Beas through the forest of oak, fir and walnut. On the route we get glimpses of the Deo Tibba (6001 m), Indrasan Peak (6221 m) and Hanuman Tibba (5990 m).
Day 7 Bakkar Thach to Beas Kund (3690 m) back to Bakkar Thach (2900m) 8 hrs
A gradual ascent to Bakkar Thach, a high altitude Sheppard field. We cross the meadow and follow a trail through boulders and rocks up to Beas Kund, which is also known as Tiny lake and the source of river Beas as well as the base camp for the wonderful summits around. After enjoying the surrounding we trek back to Bakkar Thach and then back to Solang.
Then drive to Manali 4 hours.
Day 8 Rest in Manali
Day 9 Manali – Jagatsukh (by Jeep) – Chikka (3110 m. – 18 KMS)
Drive to a small village called Jagatsukh, where we drop you at Baraah Hazaari Hydro water station, the initiation point for the Deo Tibba Expedition. It will take around 6 – 7 hours to reach today’s destination, Chikka, which is a flat pasture land ideal for a camping experience. The trek route meanders through dense Oak and Deodar forests, often passing by lush green meadows. The journey is enlivened by the myriad views of wild flowers and herbs. Spend the night in tented accommodation under the star studded sky.
Day 10 CHIKKA – SERI (3900 m. – APPRX. 8 KMS)
After enjoying an early morning breakfast amidst nature, leave for Seri wherein you will be spending two precious nights. Today’s trail will be a gradual steep climb. However once you reach Seri, it is a flat meadow almost of the size of a few football grounds having mountain peaks on all sides. In fact this is the spot where the Jagatsukh Nallah totally flattens out. Enjoy night stay with bonfire here.
Day 11 SERI – BASE CAMP (4200 m.) – CHOTA CHANDRATAL
Today you embark towards your next mission, which is to experience the magnificent view of Mt Deo Tibba with its daunting glaciers rising high up in the air from a place called Tenta. On the trail, you have to cross three shallow streams which to add more thrill, have no bridges. If you are game to stretching further, you can make way towards Chota Chandratal – a tiny picturesque lake with emerald blue water. After spending some quality time exploring the surrounding area return to the base camp by evening. Evening enjoy dinner by the campfire and overnight stay in tents.
DAY 12 AT THE BASE CAMP
Today is the day to rest and relax. The mountaineering equipment will be distributed today. Get yourself acclimatized to higher altitudes. You may indulge in walks in and around the camp area to better prepare yourself for the Deo Tibba Expedition.
DAY 13 ACCLIMATIZATION WALK AND LOAD FERRY TO CAMP 1
Today the climbers will load ferry to camp 1 and then walk down to base camp. Here the climbers will experience walking on snow, rock and ice all at the same time. Ropes are fixed on the route depending on the current situation.
DAY 14 FREE DAY AT BASE CAMP
Today members can take part in winter skills/ outdoor skills training.
DAY 15 ESTABLISH CAMP 1
Today members will climb up to Camp 1 and prepare themselves for the next destination. The route is steep throughout and many a times climbers will have to negotiate deep crevasses, steep glaciers and gullies.
DAY 16 CAMP 1 TO SUMMIT CAMP 2 (LOAD FERRY)
Today proceed to load ferry to Camp 2. The walk up will be through ice fields and snow covered trails.
DAY 17 ESTABLISH SUMMIT CAMP (5500 m.)
Today reach Camp 2 and get yourself prepared for the summit climb.
DAY 18 SUMMIT ATTEMPT (6001 m.) AND BACK TO CAMP 1
Today is the ultimate day as you attempt to reach the zenith. From this point, the climbers will get better view of Deo Tibba and its neighbor Indrasan. Return back to Camp 1.
DAY 19 CAMP 1 TO BASE CAMP
Today return to the Base Camp following the same route.
DAY 20 BASE CAMP TO CHIKKA
Retrace the trail back to Chikka.
DAY 21 CHIKKA TO MANALI
Drive back to Manali.
|PARTICIPANTS||PRICE / PERSON (€)|
WHAT A TOUR COST WILL INCLUDE :
- Arrival and departure transfers at airport in Delhi
- Expedition on full board
- All trekking equipments; sleeping tents, sleeping bags, dinning tents, kitchen tent, toilet tents, carry mats, water cans, kitchen utensils and accessories etc.
- All trekking staff : Mountain Guide, Trek Cook, Helper, Horse/Pony
- Transportation for trek staff, equipment and food items.
- Potable oxygen cylinder as per requirement
- Hyperbaric Gamow bag as per requirement
- First Aid Box (No imported medicines and accessories)
- Any Inner-line applicable as per the regions.
- Ascension permits
WHAT A TOUR COST WILL NOT INCLUDE :
- Trekking & mountain shoes
- Any specific mountain material as crampons, ice axes, …
- Food & meals while not trekking
- Government Service tax 3.09% on package
- Medical and insurance of any kind.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay/cancellation, strike or any other natural calamities
- Tips, laundry, liquors, wines, mineral water, telephone charges and items of personal nature.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking and a full refund will be processed.