Season : July to Mid September / altitude : 6264m / Number of days : 27 days / Grade : Technical
Chandra Bagha / CB 13 (6264 m). This technical very difficult peak lies in the C. B. Range in the central Lahaul massif. The name of the range comes from the two Rivers Chandra and Bagha, which mark the border of the massif. While climbing up this peak you have to walk on the huge Dhaka glacier, which is the biggest glacier in Lahaul Valley. From top of the peak you have a great view of the Kunzum Range, the magnificent Chandratal Lake and the Chandra River.
Day 1 Arrival in Delhi from abroad
Pick up from airport to hotel, overnight in hotel
Day 2 Sightseeing Delhi (free day), evening drive to Manali by VOLVO BUS or MINi BUS 585 km
Day 3&4 Manali Rest day and local Sightseeing + 3 hours walk in neigbourhood on day 3 + full day walk on day 4
Use this day to relax from the overnight journey, visit the market or do some guided local sightseeing with us (The Mall, Tibetan Monastery, Hadimba Temple, Vashisht Hot spring, Manu Temple. Overnight in Hotel
Day 5 Drive to Jagatsukh (2015m) 7 km away from Manali Jagatsukh to Tilgan (2430m) 5 to 6 hours trek
Uphill, trail leads through forest and passes small old villages. Great view of green Kullu Valley.
Day 6 Tilgan to Sarotu (3380m) 6 to 7 hours trek
First steep climb through forest, then gradual walk above tree line. Nice view, great spot for photographer.
Day 7 Sarotu to Chikka (3300m) 6 hours trek
Downhill, crossing of chilly river.
Day 8 Chikka to Balu-Ka-Gera (3770m) 5 hours trek
Gradual climb up along the river through meadows with colorful flowers. At campsite great view of snow covered mountains.
Day 9 Balu Ghera to Shia Gauru (Over Hamta Pass) (4268 m) 6 hours trek
Steep ascent up to Hamta pass. Later descent on the other side in steep slopes down to camp site. Mt Deo Tibba and Indrasan are visible along with a wide view of the Lahaul Valley.
Day 10 Shia Gauru to Chattru (3560 m) 4 hours trek downhill
Nice and easy descend down to Chattru. Crossing of river.
Day 11 Chattru to Bara Dara (3780 m) 4 to 5 hours
Way on road along the rapid Chandra River through the dry mountain dessert with high snow covered mountains on both sides. Nice view of Shigri Glacier, a mountainous mass of solid ice, more than a kilometer wide and extending over a distance of ten kilometers.
Day 12 Bara Dara to Batal (3960 m) 4 hours
As day before. reaching Batal a small place with only two Dabha Wallas, situated on the foot of Rohtang Pass.
Day 13 Batal to Chandratal (4270 m) 4 hours
Today we have a gradual walk with great views of many mountains above 6000 meters. We will camp at the Chandratal Lake, which is of exquisite beauty.
Day 14 Chandratal to Tokpo Gangmo (4320 m) 5 hours
After a moderate trek with good views of mountain peaks and glaciers we end on the river Topka Gangmo. In Tibetan Topka means river and Gongma means big.
Day 15 Topka Gangmo to Topko Yangmo (4640 mtrs) 5 hours
The trek today involves an early morning river crossing, since the water level is low in the morning. We reach the next river in the afternoon. Nice View of the C.B. Range, the Mulkilla Range and of Dhaka Glacier.
Day 16 Topko Yangmo to Baralacha La (4830 m) 5 to 6 hours Trek
Baralacha is an interesting 8 km long pass and gives rise to three rivers: Chandra, Bhaga and Yuman. Baralacha means “pass with cross roads on summit”. Roads from Zanskar, Ladakh, Spiti and Lahaul meet on top of that pass. It is the highest point of the trek.
Day 17 return Base Camp (4600 m)
Day 18 Base Camp to Camp 1 (5100 m)
Day 19 Rest day adjustment of equipment, basic theory
Day 20 Camp 1 to Camp 2 (5300 m)
Day 21 Camp 2 to Summit Camp (5800 m)
Day 22 Summit Camp to Summit (6264 m) back to Camp 1
Day 23 Camp 1 to Base Camp
Day 24 Rest day in Base Camp
Day 25 Base Camp to Batal
Day 26 Batal to Manali by car
Day 27 back up day
|PARTICIPANTS||PRICE / PERSON (€)|
WHAT A TOUR COST WILL INCLUDE :
- Accommodation in Delhi at mentioned hotel
- Arrival and departure transfers at airports in Delhi
- Expedition on full board
- All trekking equipments; sleeping tents, sleeping bags, dinning tents, kitchen tent, toilet tents, carry mats, water cans, kitchen utensils and accessories etc.
- All trekking staff : Mountain Guide, Trek Cook, Helper, Horse/Pony
- Transportation for trek staff, equipment and food items.
- Potable oxygen cylinder as per requirement
- Hyperbaric Gamow bag as per requirement
- First Aid Box (No imported medicines and accessories)
- Any Inner-line applicable as per the regions.
- Ascension permits
WHAT A TOUR COST WILL NOT INCLUDE :
- Trekking & mountain shoes
- Any specific mountain material as crampons, ice axes, …
- Food & meals while not trekking / climbing
- Government Service tax 3.09% on package
- Medical and insurance of any kind.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay/cancellation, strike or any other natural calamities
- Tips, laundry, liquors, wines, mineral water, telephone charges and items of personal nature.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking and a full refund will be processed.