Area : Himachal Pradesh / Period: 01 July to 30 September / Duration : 20 Days / Expedition : 9N/10Days / Grade : Technical
Chandra Bagha 14 / CB14 Peak (6150 Meters) Expedition.
This peak lies in the C. B. Range in the central Lahaul massif. The name of the range comes from the two Rivers Chandra and Bagha which mark the border of the massif. While climbing up this peak you have to walk on the huge Dhaka glacier, which is the biggest glacier in Lahaul Valley. From top of the peak you have a great view of the Kunzum Range, the magnificent Chandratal Lake and the Chandra River.
REMARK / OPTION : it’s possible in case of necessity (or wish) to add or to replace the Beas Kund trek by another short trek – Bhrigu lake (4200m) … 3 more days – for a better altitude acclimatization … on request
Day 1 Arrival in Delhi from abroad
Pick up from airport to hotel, overnight in hotel
Day 2 Sightseeing Delhi (free day), evening drive to Manali by VOLVO BUS (585 km)
Day 3 Manali Rest day and local Sightseeing + 3 hours walk in neigbourhood upon Manu Temple to Rasta Café.
Use this day to relax from the overnight journey, visit the market & the city : The Mall, Tibetan Monastery, Hadimba Temple, Vashisht Hot spring, Manu Temple. Overnight in Hotel
Day 4 All day trek upon Old Manali heights
ACCLIMATIZATION TREK BEAS KUND TREK
Day 5 Manali to Solang Nallah (2480m) 4 hours
This 4 hours trek leads us from Old Manali, where we pass by Manu Temple, up through a nice forest; later through beautiful apple orchards. After a gradual ascent we reach the villages Goshal and Sannag, than cross a river and enter the traditional village Burua. From hear a rocky trail leads us to the Bouldering area of Solang Nallah. We have to cross a stream, which can be a little tricky, since there is no bridge at all. Now there are only some more minutes to go until we reach the center of outdoor sports. The route presents spectacular insights of local life.
Day 6 Solang Nallah to Bakkar Thach (2900m) 12km 5hrs
From Solang Nallah we walk on the right side of the river Beas through the forest of oak, fir and walnut. On the route we get glimpses of the Deo Tibba (6001 m), Indrasan Peak (6221 m) and Hanuman Tibba (5990 m).
Day 7 Bakkar Thach to Beas Kund (3690 m) back to Bakkar Thach (2900m) 8 hrs
A gradual ascent to Bakkar Thach, a high altitude Sheppard field. We cross the meadow and follow a trail through boulders and rocks up to Beas Kund, which is also known as Tiny lake and the source of river Beas as well as the base camp for the wonderful summits around. After enjoying the surrounding we trek back to Bakkar Thach and then back to Solang.
Then drive to Manali 2 hours.
Day 8 Rest in Manali
Day 9 Manali – Rohtang Pass (3970 mts) – Dadarpul (3250 mts) In the morning after breakfast drive 51 km to Rohtang pass which is gate way of Lahul- Spiti valley and from here drive to Dadarpul. Set out camp for overnight tents.
Day 10 Dadarpul-Kunjam Pass-Chandertal (Moon Lake) Today drive 50 Km to Kunjam Pass(4550mts) and from here trek 07 Km to Moon Lake. Chandertaal lake in Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh lies between a low ridge and the main Kunzum range. Mostly surrounded with snow, this deep blue-water lake has a circumference of 2.5 Kilometers. Some people also call it Moon Lake and is the source of the violent River Chandra. Moulkila and Chandrabhaga mountain ranges with peaks snow caps and snow slopes around the valley measures from 3000 Meters to 6500 Meters.
Day 11 Moonlake-Batal (3800mts) After Breakfast Trek 14 km to Batal. Today trekking is very much interesting with trek on 4250 mts Moonlake to 3800mts. Batal means house of winds. You will see this place is quite windy compare to other place in Valley. Overnight tents.
Day 12 Batal-Base camp(4500mts) After breakfast we will Trek 05 Km for Base Camp. Reach Base camp and set out camp. After evening tea we will go for acclimatization walk..Overnight tents.
Day 13 Base Camp Today trek to Dhaka Glacier for some ascending and descending practice on Snow and Ice with Crampon and Climbing boots and also self arrest , rope up climbing, fix rope climbing. Come back to camp for Lunch. Overnight tents.
Day 14 Base Camp Today rest day and getting prepare for climbing. Overnight tents.
Day 15 Base camp-Camp 01(5500mts) Today ascending to Camp-01 and set up the camp evening we go for route racce and acclimatization walk. And early dinner and goodnight sleep. Overnight Hotels.
Day 16 Camp -1-CB 14 (6150mts)-Base Camp Early morning around 02:00 am we star our climbing. First few mts we have to climb on Moraine and after we have to follow the ridge for summit. After summit we descend safely to Camp 01. After band up the camp descend to base Camp. Overnight tents.
Day 17 Base Camp – Batal – Today relax day and after late breakfast trek to Batal. And evening enjoy the diiner with folk dance. Overnight tents.
Day 18 Batal – Manali – After breakfast drive to Manali. Overnight in Hotel
Day 19 Manali rest & shopping
Day 20 Departure by Volvo AC Bus
Day 21 Last day in India Arrival in morning to Delhi – transfer to hotel – Daytime rest last walk – Transfer to Airport – Flight
|PARTICIPANTS||PRICE / PERSON (€)|
WHAT A TOUR COST WILL INCLUDE :
- Accommodation in Delhi at mentioned hotel.
- Arrival and departure transfers at airports in Delhi
- Trek on full board
- All trekking equipments; sleeping tents, sleeping bags, dinning tents, kitchen tent, toilet tents, carry mats, water cans, kitchen utensils and accessories etc.
- All trekking staff : Mountain Guide, Trek Cook, Helper, Horse/Pony
- Transportation for trek staff, equipment and food items.
- Potable oxygen cylinder as per requirement
- Hyperbaric Gamow bag as per requirement
- First Aid Box (No imported medicines and accessories)
- Any Inner-line applicable as per the regions.
- Ascension permits
WHAT A TOUR COST WILL NOT INCLUDE :
- Trekking & mountain shoes
- Any specific mountain material as crampons, ice axes, …
- Food & meals while not trekking
- Government Service tax 3.09% on package
- Medical and insurance of any kind.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay/cancellation, strike or any other natural calamities
- Tips, laundry, liquors, wines, mineral water, telephone charges and items of personal nature.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking and a full refund will be processed.