Kiang Adventures : Eco Responsible Turism Declaration
Kiang Adventures declares that Responsible Adventure is to :
- Be conscious and erase negative economic, environmental, and social impacts;
- Generate greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and retributions as salaries and access to the industry;
- Involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life chances;
- Make positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- Provide more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
We also think and profess that :
- Responsible tourism is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence ;
- We work in the mountains with complete commitment to the above concept of responsible tourism and have developed following system to achieve the responsible adventure goals.
We also :
- Check carefully environmental impacts during all our trips ;
- Form groups of maximum 5 persons to be able to transport all non degradable trashes with us during the whole tour and so to preserve the environment ;
- Involve local crew, guides, porters and all other ground level service providers ;
- Don’t use wood for cooking or any other purpose ;
- Participate and donate for the project – Rohtang Initiative – rohtanginitiative.in
- Our staff is trained and we regularly arrange capacity building programs for them
- The clients are also requested to follow our environment charter and basics of responsible trekking. We send them the study material of the area they will be visiting and teach few local words of greetings.
- We work to gain more carbon credits through we pack our crew and the way our clients do travel.
- A handbook of local culture is supplied to the clients to follow and to be careful in remote areas about the dress code so the traditional cultures cant be influenced or disrespected.
- No to plastic bottles and other plastic items like bags.
- Our groups/ crew carry the garbage back from the mountains while climbing and trekking.
- We encourage our clients to buy local products to encourage the locals for traditional handicraft and handloom production.
We declare, travelling with us means benefiting locals and encouraging them to work for preserving biodiversity by understanding tourism.
Our efforts to create awareness for responsible adventure is an inherent part of our faith profession : TOLERANCE CONSCIOUSNESS RESPONSABILITY & RESPECT
Omi Parkash & Bernard Silovy