Kiang Adventures : Eco Responsible & Fair Trade Tourism Declaration
Kiang Adventures declares that Responsible Adventure is to :
- Be conscious and erase negative economic, environmental, and social impacts;
- Generate greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and retributions as salaries and access to the industry;
- Concerning the former point create of an sewing atelier for Indian women where they will be teached to create and produce a trekking and mountaineering clothes line designed by a Belgian stylist reprezenting the image of Kiang Adventures;
- Involve local people in decisions that affect their lives and life chances;
- Make positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- Provide more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
We also think and profess that :
- Responsible tourism is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence ;
- We work in the mountains with complete commitment to the above concept of responsible and fair trade tourism and have developped a system to achieve the responsible adventure goals.
These goals consists in :
- Check carrefully environmental impacts during all our trips ;
- Form groups of 1 to maximum 5 persons to be able to transport all non degradable trashes with us during the whole tour and so to preserve the environment ;
- Involve local crew, guides, porters and all other ground level service providers ;
- Not use wood or kerosene for cooking or any other purpose.
We also certify that :
- Our staff is trained and we regularly arrange capacity building programs for them.
- Our team is also formed in first help health problems and any sensitive situations.
- We never use plastic bottles and other plastic items like bags.
- Our groups/ crew carry the garbage back from the mountains while climbing and trekking.
- We work to gain more carbon credits through we pack our crew and the way our clients do travel.
- The clients are also requested to follow our environment charter and basics of responsible trekking. We send them the study material of the area they will be visiting and teach few local words of greetings.
We declare, travelling with us participes to the improvement of local economy and participates to the preservation of biodiversity by understanding and fair trade tourism.
Our efforts to create awareness for responsible adventure is an inherent part of our faith profession : TOLERANCE CONSCIOUSNESS RESPONSABILITY & RESPECT
Omi Parkash & Bernard Silovy