Dharamsura is connected with his Bigger brother, the 6451 meter high Papsura, by a ridge of 1,9 kilometers. This col has an altitude of more than 6000 meters. Papsura is often refered to as the peak of evil and Dharamsura as the peak of good. These peaks divide the Tos glacier in the south and the Bara Shigri glacier in Lahaul, in the North. Because of the little available topographic material, these peaks are often confused with each other. Both mountains are not climbed very often. The first ascent was Dharamsura in 1941. Papsura was only climbed in 1967. The highlights of the climbing history are displayed below
Day 1: ARRIVAL DELHI:
Day to visit Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF) for briefing and to full fill all formalities. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 2: Delhi – Manali.
Day 3: Day for full fill all formalities with Local Administration & Forest Department. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 4: Manali to Tosh Village (2400 m) by car, stay at Tosh
Day 5: Tosh to Bhudaban trek.
Day 6: Bhudaban to Saram Thach trek.
Day 7: Saram to Samshi..
Day 8: Samshi to Kuta.
Day 9: Kuta to Base Camp.
Day 10: BC to Camp1 (acclimatization and load ferry) back to BC
Day11: BC to Camp1 (acclimatization and load ferry) back to BC
Day12: Rest Day.
Day 13: BC to Camp1 via Sara Umga Pass (4800 m)
Day 14: Camp1 to Camp2 (acclimatization) back to Camp1
Day 15: Camp1 to Camp2.
Day 16: Camp2 to Summit attempt (6420 m.) and back to Camp2
Day 17: Reserve Day for Summit
Day 18: Reserve Day for Summit.
Day 19: Summit Camp to – Camp 1.
Day 20: Camp 1 – BC.
Day 21: Rest Day.
Day 22: Base Camp – Shamshi.
Day 23: Shamshi – Budha ban..
Day 24: Budha ban – Tosh village – Manali.
Day 25 : Manali – Rest
Day 25: Manali – Delhi
Day 26: DELHI DEPART:
Morning visit IMF to full fill all formalities and de – briefing .Later in the afternoon group breakup.
|PARTICIPANTS||PRICE / PERSON (€)||ASCENSION PERMIT (€)|
WHAT A TOUR COST WILL INCLUDE :
- Accommodation in Delhi at mentioned hotel.
- Arrival and departure transfers at airport in Delhi
- Expedition on full board
- All trekking equipments; sleeping tents, sleeping bags, dinning tents, kitchen tent, toilet tents, carry mats, water cans, kitchen utensils and accessories etc.
- All trekking staff : Mountain Guide, Trek Cook, Helper, Horse/Pony
- Transportation for trek staff, equipment and food items.
- Potable oxygen cylinder as per requirement
- Hyperbaric Gamow bag as per requirement
- First Aid Box (No imported medicines and accessories)
- Any Inner-line applicable as per the regions.
- Ascension permits
WHAT A TOUR COST WILL NOT INCLUDE :
- Trekking & mountain shoes
- Any specific mountain material as crampons, ice axes, …
- Food & meals while not trekking
- Government Service tax 3.09% on package
- Medical and insurance of any kind.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay/cancellation, strike or any other natural calamities
- Tips, laundry, liquors, wines, mineral water, telephone charges and items of personal nature.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking and a full refund will be processed.