Duration: Days / Best Season: June to October / Grade Challenging / Altitude: 5289 m
One of the most famous summits for trekking in the Indian Himalayan region, the Friendship peak looming at an elevation of 5289 m in the Pir Panjal range in Himachal Pradesh is a trekker’s paradise. From the summit, one can feast his eyes on the panoramic view of the Pir Panjal range, against the back of silver horizons formed by the Dhauladhar and Great Himalayan ranges. The Friendship Peak Trek is one of the most challenging treks in Himachal Pradesh and before trekking here, one should have prior high experience of travelling at high altitudes.
Day 1: Arrival to Delhi nightime – Transfer to hotel
Delhi – Manali AC Volvo from start late in the afternoon. Nightime travel.
Day 02: Manali
Arrival in morning resting day …
Day 3 Manali Rest day and local Sightseeing + 3 hours walk in neigbourhood upon Manu Temple to Rasta Café.
Use this day to relax from the overnight journey, visit the market & the city : The Mall, Tibetan Monastery, Hadimba Temple, Vashisht Hot spring, Manu Temple. Overnight in Hotel
Day 4 All day trek upon Old Manali heights
Day 5 Manali -Solang Nala – Bakerthach (3500mts/11480Bmt)
This exciting trek to Friend peak will begin with a trek through one of the most popular trekking routes in Himachal Pradesh. Early morning, a jeep will transfer you to Solang Valley, where you will check in a hotel. After breakfast in the Solang Valley hotel, you will load your baggage into vehicles, followed by a departure to the starting point of the trek, Dundi. On the third day, you will travel till Bakerthach via Palchani Tach. Trekkers can use the rest of the day to explore Bakerthach. Dinner is served in the Bakerthach camps.
Day 6 Bakertach Camp – Beas Kund Base Camp 3690m
After breakfast, trekkers will start their trek to the first basecamp, Beas Kund, a holy river of Himachal Pradesh. Beas Kund is a known stopover point for many other trekking trails like Shitidhar, Ladakhi, Manali. The trek takes you to the Base camp while passing by the Beas Kund Glacier. Lunch and dinner will be served at the camp in Beas Kund. Overnight stay at the camp.
Day 7 Full day in Beas Kund Base Camp
After breakfast, tourists will attend a training session in which they will be told about equipment and their usage. In this training course, guides will prepare you to brave to the snow glaciers, which you might cross in coming days. Time is allowed to get used to the climbing gear including harness, crampons and climbing boots. You get familiar with your equipment and you learn how to arrest properly slope falls. After the training sessions, tourist will go for lunch, followed by packing for the advance camping. Dinner and overnight stay in the Beaskund camp.
Day 8 Base camp – Advance camp
After breakfast, you will trek uphill for approximately 4-5 hours to the advance base camp. Amidst the mountain ranges, the location of the advanced base camp is picturesque. While relishing, the view of the hills, trekkers will set their tents. From the advanced base camp site, one can see the view of the beautiful ranges like Hanuman Tibba, Maker Beh, Shiker Beh and the grandest Friendship peak. Dinner and overnight stay in the advanced base camp.
Day 9 Reserved day for summit attempts – Bakarthach
Early morning, around 3 AM, the journey to the peak will start. From the base camp, you will have to walk for 6 hours to the reach the summit. It will be a steep trek; you will pass through glaciers, snow peak and cross various crevasses. If everything goes as planned, trekkers will be able to reach the summit by 9 in the morning. From the top of the hill, tourists will be able to see the uninterrupted view of neighbouring mountains, towns like Lahaul & Spiti and Manali. After spending some time at the summit, tourist will go back to the advanced base camp for lunch. Following lunch, they will trek downhill till Bakarthach camp. Overnight stay in Bakarthach camp.
Day 11 Back to Manali
Trek to Dhundi and then driving return to Manali.
Day 12 Manali Rest and shopping …
Day 13 stay in Manali and then return to Delhi by Volvo AC bus.
Day 14 Delhi arrival in morning transfer to hotel rest and transfer to airport in evening
|PARTICIPANTS||PRICE / PERSON (€)|
WHAT A TOUR COST WILL INCLUDE :
- Arrival and departure transfers at airports in Delhi
- Expedition on full board
- All trekking equipments; sleeping tents, sleeping bags, dinning tents, kitchen tent, toilet tents, carry mats, water cans, kitchen utensils and accessories etc.
- All trekking staff : Mountain Guide, Trek Cook, Helper, Horse/Pony
- Transportation for trek staff, equipment and food items.
- Potable oxygen cylinder as per requirement
- Hyperbaric Gamow bag as per requirement
- First Aid Box (No imported medicines and accessories)
- Any Inner-line applicable as per the regions.
- Ascension permits
WHAT A TOUR COST WILL NOT INCLUDE :
- Trekking & mountain shoes
- Any specific mountain material as crampons, ice axes, …
- Food & meals while not trekking
- Government Service tax 3.09% on package
- Medical and insurance of any kind.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay/cancellation, strike or any other natural calamities
- Tips, laundry, liquors, wines, mineral water, telephone charges and items of personal nature.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking and a full refund will be processed.