Best Season : June to October / Total Duration : 19 Days / Maximum Altitude : 6230 m / Grade : Challenging
Positioned in the Zanskar Range, close Leh. The trail is extensively serene and the panoramas offered are incredibly spellbinding. The months of July, August and September are considered as the best for carrying out this exhilarating expedition. This invigorating trek begins from Martseland near the Hemis Monastery and it is completed at Stok Village.
We privilege and advice a progressive acclimatization (1 preparation treks) to prevent a possible negative reaction to altitude to garantee the achievement of this very ambitious peak !
It gives also the possibility to visit the popular Nubra Valley and pass by the mythic Kardung La (5430 m) the highest world road pass.
Day 1 : Arrival
Arrival in Delhi nightime stay in hotel
Early morning flight from Delhi to Leh, transfer to hotel and rest.
Day 2, 3, 4 : Rest
Visit on day 3 Likir and Alchi monasteries.
Day 5 : START acclimatization TREK : Hunder – Skarchen
To Valley to shepherd’s at Skarchen (3800 meters) at the confluence of 2 streams. It is here that we will set the camps and have an overnight stay.
Day 6 : Skarchen – Brok Yogma (4200 m)
Cross the tiny hamlets of Dokyogma, Wacham and Drokyogma to Brok Yogma. Camp at Sniu Sumdo.
Day 7: Brok Yogma – Hunder Valley
Today, we will trek up to the valley of Hunder and the Lasermo La Base Camp at 4800 meters.
Day 8 : Hundar Valley – Lasermo La – Phyang Valley
Early morning start to cross Lasermo La (5420 meters) and then trek down to Phyang La. Camp at about 4500 meters.
Day 9 : END OF TREK : Phyang Valley – Leh
Trek to Phyang, then return to Leh. Arrive at the hotel and have overnight stay.
Day 10 : Rest in Leh
Day 11 Leh – Martselang – Chogdo (3-4 Hrs)
After breakfast in the morning, we will drive to Martselang and start trekking to Chogdo. Enjoy an overnight stay in the camp in Chogdo.
Day 12 Chogdo – Gyuncho La (4600 m) – Base Camp at 4350 m in 6- 7 h
In the morning, we will follow a new and rarely travelled route from Chogdo through the valleys to the east of our objective. Today, we turn towards the west into a tributary valley that leads to a long and gradual ascent to the Gyuncho La. From the pass, we will walk towards the south to the Base of Matho West. An overnight stay in the camp.
Day 13 Base Camp – Matho West Summit (6230m) 8-9 Hrs
Today, early in the morning, we will start climbing Matho from south to North. It is quite easy ascent to the Summit from where you can have witnessed the wonderful view of the surrounding valleys, peaks and Karakoram Range. Later, walk back to the camp for an overnight stay.
Day 14 Extra Day for summit
This extra day is free to relax or use for trekking in case of bad weather conditions.
Day 15 Base Camp at 4350 m – Shang La (4800 m) – Matho Phu (4350 m) in 6 h
Today, we will cross many spurs and minor passes with occasional views northwards towards the Indus Valley and the peaks beyond. We will also climb up to the Shang La and then descend to the Tokpo River. Thereafter, we will trek downhill to a nice camping place. An overnight stay in the camp.
Day 16 Matho Phu – Matho La (4820 m) – Mankorma (4500 m) in 4-5 h
At the pass in the morning, we will see colourful prayer flags flap in the wind with the Zanskari range in the background. Afterwards, we will descend steadily along the Zingchan River. While moving towards the Stock summit and the Stock Kangri (6121m), we will We get to see some of the beautiful views. An overnight stay in the camp.
Day 17 Mankorma – Stok – Leh
In the morning after the breakfast, we will walk down to Stok and drive back to Leh. Enjoy an overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 18 Leh Rest
Day 19 Leh Departure – Leh – Delhi
Transfer to the airport according to your flight schedule to catch the flight for any destination… or stay in Leh
|PARTICIPANTS||PRICE / PERSON (€)|
WHAT A TOUR COST WILL INCLUDE :
- Accommodation in Delhi at mentioned hotel with breakfast.
- Accommodation in “A” category hotel at Leh with breakfast
- Transportation for sightseeing as per the itinerary by Scorpio/Gypsy/Sumo.
- English Speaking monastery guide for sightseeing
- All monastery entrance fees in Ladakh
- Arrival and departure transfers at airports in Delhi and Leh with assistance
- Trek on full board
- All trekking equipments; sleeping tents, sleeping bags, dinning tents, kitchen tent, toilet tents, carry mats, water cans, kitchen utensils and accessories etc.
- All trekking staff : Mountain Guide, Trek Cook, Helper, Horse/Pony
- Transportation for trek staff, equipment and food items.
- Potable oxygen cylinder as per requirement
- Hyperbaric Gamow bag as per requirement
- First Aid Box (No imported medicines and accessories)
- Any Inner-line applicable as per the regions.
- Ascension permits
WHAT A TOUR COST WILL NOT INCLUDE :
- Trekking & mountain shoes
- Any specific mountain material as crampons, ice axes, …
- Food & meals while not trekking
- Government Service tax 3.09% on package
- Medical and insurance of any kind.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay/cancellation, strike or any other natural calamities
- Tips, laundry, liquors, wines, mineral water, telephone charges and items of personal nature.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking and a full refund will be processed.